Wednesday, February 29, 2012

March 1 - Trip Begins - I Arrived Safely

Left Washington Dulles at 9:50 PM on February 28 and landed in Mumbai at 1:30 AM on March 1...the trip took approximately 17 hours. I used frequent flyer miles and was able to fly Business class...what an enjoyable flight. My seat converted into a bed and I was able to sleep for about 11 hours.

Clearing Indian Customs was not difficult...in and out in about an hour. Transferred from the International airport to Domestic to catch a 05:35 flight to Cochin (Kochi) where I begin my tour tomorrow. The weather in Fort Cochin is similar to Dewey Beach, Delaware in early August...hot and humid. The hotel allowed me early access to my room so I took a shower and refreshed myself...will do some shopping to purchase a SIMM card for my international telephone and an India electric plug adapter.




1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you made it there safely and that you had a nice flight! Love you Daddy!

    ReplyDelete