Friday, April 6, 2012

April 6: Arrive Aurangabad a Day Late

Other than the delayed receipt of our luggage a couple of days ago, everything has gone smoothly during my trip....unfortunately some glitches have now occurred.

Revisiting yesterday, I finished Blogging and went to the "Blue Lassi" for my final mango delight. Back to the hotel, showered and at noon I was ready to head to the airport. Just at that moment, a light rain began....I didn't get wet since the narrow alleys prevented the raindrops from striking the ground. Into the taxi and off we head for the airport. Just as we were leaving town, the skies opened up with a deluge...my first Indian shower or should I say monsoon. My taxi driver was the epitome of a NASCAR race driver....I haven't been that scared driving in a car in a long time. The rain was so heavy that you could barely see....cars continued to drive like there was no rain...numerous cars ran without headlights....my driver created huge rooster-tails as he weaved in, out and between other cars, trucks and tuk-tuks. I would have paid him extra to slow down!!!

Airport....Jet Air had rescheduled my Delhi to Aurangabad flight....I was departing Delhi before I left Varanasi. To make a long story short....stayed overnight in the same Delhi hotel as Tony Carr from my Intrepid Rajasthan Experience trip. We had a nice dinner together before saying our goodbye. I attempted to contact my Aurangabad Hotel and tour operator but found out that the phone numbers listed in their email reservation confirmations were incorrect.....live and learn.

The next morning, I arrived at the Delhi airport early just in case....being prudent paid off....ran into some reservation snags but finally received my boarding pass for Jet Air's flight 2201 departing Delhi for Aurangabad at 13:20....yyeeaahhh.

Arriving in Aurangabad, I took a taxi to my hotel, VITS. I checked in...hotel is modern and quite nice. Contacted my travel guide and he is picking me up at 7 AM.....it will be a long day....the temps are approaching 110 F at 1600.

Below are some neat pictures that I took in the Delhi airport.

Wall of Buddha Hand Signs





Close-Up of  3 Buddha Signs













It a Short Ride or a Long Walk

10 Evolving Yoga Positions

1 comment: