Monday, April 9, 2012

April 9: Last Full Day in India


My last day in India...so much to do and so little time. The Hotel Grand located in Colaba is a great place to stay. Excellent room, great staff and a breakfast with numerous choices. The Grand's manager allowed me to occupy my room until 16:00 allowing me to leave my luggage while I visited some Mumbai sites and shower before departing for the airport....no charge.

After breakfast, I took a leisurely walk from the hotel to Churchgate Rail Station to see the Dabbawalla food delivery service in action; quite impressive. From Churchgate, I shopped at a couple of street vendors to complete my souvenir buying. Lastly, I had lunch at the world famous Taj Mahal  hotel's Sea Lounge restaurant overlooking the Gateway of India monument. Getting into the hotel requires one to pass through a security check. The hotel is absolutely beautiful inside, staff courteous and food delicious. The sandwich, soup and soft drink lunch cost $46 USD including tip....it was worth every penny.

Taj Sandwich
Taj View of Gateway of India














Back to the hotel, shower and depart for the airport at 16:00. I can't believe that I will be homeward bound in a couple of hours. It has been an exciting and enjoyable trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment